Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Importance of Emotion


" Emotion is a very powerful creative force in this dimension. When you feel something emotionally, you will create a situation or condition to warrant it. The abundance of this universe is directed by emotion rather than by your ego. Emotion is thought forms that are felt. Energy follows that energy; and it does so in abundance. Perhaps this is why your affirmations might be in effective at times - you focus insufficient emotional energy on them or you negate them with "nots" or some other negating verbiage.
How do you feel about what you want in your life? How do you feel about what you do not want in your life? As you focus your energy on what you do want, with emotion , it will tend to manifest. "
Taken from Skills for Life Teachers Manual

By focusing on what you do not want in life you increase the chances of experiencing the negative thing you are trying to avoid.

You can use EFT to tap on the negative side of affirmations and reframe in positive wording and energy.

Here is an example of how to use EFT.

Tapping on Karate chop point repeat 3 times:
Even though I really don't want _____________________ to happen I deeply and completely love and accept myself.

Then tap on the body points repeating the main idea of what you don't want:

EB: I really really don't want _______________ to happen
SE: I am scared __________________ is going to happen
UE: I don't know what I would do if ___________________ happened
UN: I am doing everything I can to avoid ___________________ happening
Chin: I really am afraid _____________________ is going to happen
CB: I need to keep on guard and aware so that _________________________________ doesn't happen
UA: I need to avoid ___________________ at all cost
TH: I am focusing all my energy on ______________________ so it does not happen


Positive Reframe:
Karate chop point:
I choose now to see that by thinking about and creating feelings of fear about ______________________ happening I may be inviting it in through my energy
If I want ________________________ to not happen maybe I can think of the positive opposite of that and choose to focus on that.
If I wanted to avoid darkness in my life I would focus on creating light to relieve the darkness.

Tap on the body points as you repeat these reframes:
I choose to attract _____________________ ( positive opposite) into my life
I will do what I can to create ____________________ in my life
I am letting go of my need to focus on the negative side of what I want and don't want
I am understanding that by focusing with great emotion on light it will chase away the darkness in my life.

Tap on the body points while repeating these reframes as many times as you like.
Remember to put a lot of emotion into the tapping on both sides.. the releasing and reframing.
Sometimes it helps to picture in your mind the positive thing you wish to happen with a lot of details. To add sounds, sights, smells and touch help to make it more real to your mind and energy system.


You can learn more about EFT at: http://www.emofree.com

No comments: